Saturday, November 14, 2009

Finally!

Haha I know it's a late post but nevermind. Finally exams are over. Stress gone! Yay! School teachers came out with DJ's got talent to keep us occupied. I didn't know about it until a few of my friends wanted to create a team to join the competition. I agreed to join. It was so last minute. the audition was suppose to be on Mon(9/11) and we went to Chia Min's house to practice on Sunday. We wasted 2 hours doing nothing and in the end we became panic and started to have intensive practice. Chia Min and Atikah sang, Yi Ling and I played the piano and Sher wu became the pianist. We have lots of fun. The singers voice were really fantastic.

The day came for our audition. Came to school at 7 cause didn't have transport and waited until the rest of the members came. Had to sing part of the song on that day because some problems arised. Was so nervous cause I didn't know at all how to sing the song, Melodi. Just before the audition, I totally forgot the tune of the whole song. The rest of the team members had to teach me how to sing it all over again until it got into my brains. lol! We were 1 of the last to perform. When I sang to the mic, my voice was so out and some of the parts I couldn't even hear myself. I was so scared I made the team look bad. Miss Ely gave comments and it came to our turn. She called out 'Satu Malaysia'! We all raised up our hands. Looking at her expression it made it look as if we did badly and all of a sudden she said " You guys kneeled it!". I was relieved when I heard it.

We made our way to the finals after another audition. This time Atikah manage to make it for the finals. We came early to practice and one of the morning session teachers saw us practicing. She asked us to perform 4 the spell it right competition. We were so happy but the plan didn't work out. We dressed up all ready for the competition by 12 even though it was suppose to start at 3. I 4got to bring shoes so I borrowed Chia Min's high heels. It was hard using it to walk. It was really thin and 2 inches high. While waiting for our turn to perform we practiced really hard outside the hall. The hall was filled with all the afternoon session students. That made us more panic. We were number 16 to perform. We did the best we could!

Unfortunately we didn't win. But I think we did a good job. Thanks alot to the frinds who have supported us. To the P's, You all are fantastic people and thanks for all the effort u guys put in to make this team successful. To 1 of our team members, I hope you will get well soon and stay strong! We all miss you.

I'm really greatful for joining this team cause I've learned alot especially from the singing experts. Gonna miss all the fun we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment